Questions and answers
- Is the Trading Floor simulation available to buy?
Yes, we are pleased to announce the return of the simulation, which had been withdrawn because of the obsolescence of Flash. It is now delivered online as a Google Slides presentation. All you need is a Google/Gmail account to access it.
- How does the Taster licence work?
We offer an introductory Taster licence for new customers. £50 buys 2 x 60 minute games, which have to be completed within one month. A maximum of 30 pupils can take part in any one game. A single-user practice game for testing and demoing is also included. The game settings can't be changed in the Taster version. Taster licences are only available to schools.
- How is the resource licensed?
- Is there a limit to the number of students who can access the resource?
There is no limit to the number of enrolled students who can use the resource during the licence term. A maximum of 60 students (30 teams) can use the simulation(s) at any time / in any one game/session. Additional players can be added to games but only as Media Analysts i.e. to create teams of three.
- Is there a different licensing arrangement for universities?
The university licence includes use of Finance Lab Professional, Finance Lab and Dealing Room. None can be purchased separately. Schools outreach events run on campus are included in the licence.
- How do I buy the resource?
You can purchase the resource online, by credit card, or pay by bank transfer or cheque upon receipt of an invoice.
- Do I need to pay in advance if I am being invoiced?
No. We will give you immediate access to the simulations upon receipt of a purchase order.
- Does the price include VAT?
VAT is added to the price at 20%. No VAT is charged for non-UK customers.
- Can I buy with a credit card?
Yes. Select the 'pay with card' option when you’ve completed the order form.
- Are the simulations available to businesses and is there a different price?
Prices for business customers will depend on the number of users and sites. See the Corporate Learning page for full details.
- Can I try the software before purchase?
We offer teachers and lecturers a single user access trial account to allow you to demo the software and evaluate the resources. The standard trial length is 7 days but this can be extended if required.
- Will the simulations work on hand-held devices?
The simulations are designed to work on all screen sizes and have been tested on desktop computers, laptops, notebooks, iPads, iPhones and android mobile devices. They are also Windows and MAC compatible.
- Which browser should I use?
The simulations perform best when used in the latest versions of all major web browsers. We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome for the optimum experience.
- How often do you release new content and features?
Game content will be added and updated periodically and new features and improvements in functionality are added on an ongoing basis.